Dr. Eric Osansky is a chiropractic physician, nutritionist, and certified functional medicine practitioner, and while he solely focused on typical chiropractic conditions in his practice for 7 ½ years, he gained a greater appreciation for other health conditions when he was personally diagnosed with the autoimmune thyroid condition Graves’ disease in 2008.
After seeing how well a functional medicine approach helped with his autoimmune thyroid condition, he began helping others with different types of thyroid and autoimmune thyroid conditions, such as hyperthyroidism and Graves’ Disease, and hypothyroidism and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis. While he realizes that conventional medical treatment is necessary in some cases, there are millions of people with these conditions who have been told they need to be on prescription drugs on a long-term or permanent basis, or receive thyroid surgery or radioactive iodine, when this might not be the case.
Dr. Osansky has obtained countless hours of postgraduate training in nutrition, functional endocrinology, immunology, detoxification, and phytotherapy. Dr. Osansky received a Master of Science degree in Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine from the University of Western States. Dr. Osansky is a Certified Clinical Nutritionist, as well as a Certified Nutrition Specialist, which requires advanced-degree education qualifications, completing and passing an examination, and substantial nutrition experience. Dr. Osansky is also a certified functional medicine practitioner from the Institute for Functional Medicine. Although he’s not an herbalist, Dr. Osansky has received a certificate of herbal therapy through the Australian College of Phytotherapy. This program is run by Kerry Bone, who is a well-known herbalist with over 25 years of experience.
Here is a breakdown of Dr. Osansky’s credentials and special achievements:
- Doctor of chiropractic who personally dealt with Graves’ hyperthyroidism and has been in remission since 2009
- Masters of science degree in nutrition and functional medicine
- Institute for Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner (IFMCP)
- Certified Clinical Nutritionist (CCN)
- Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS)
- Herbal Therapy Certification
- Graduate of Dr. Allison Siebecker’s SIBO Certification Course
- Attends numerous nutrition and functional medicine conferences each year
- Guest interview on Thyroid Nation Radio
- Featured speaker for Dr. Amy Myers’ Thyroid Connection Summit
- Presenter for Dr. Izabella Wentz’ Thyroid Secret Documentary
- Guest interview on Margaret LeDane’s Healthy Gut Thinner You Summit
- Guest interview Evan Brand’s Not Just Paleo Podcast
- Guest interview on Dr. Nancy Crowell’s Conscious Eating Summit
- Guest interview on Bridgit Danner’s Women’s Wellness Radio Podcast
- Guest interview on Kiran Ram’s “What The Hormones” Summit
- Guest Interview Dr Eva Detko’s Autoimmune Vitality Online Conference Series
- Guest Interview on Holistic Health Perspectives Radio Show
- Guest Interview on NaturalHealth365’s Podcast For Doctors
- Guest Interview on Bridgit Danner’s DIY Detox Summit
- Featured speaker for the Overcoming Hashimoto’s Summit
- Guest interview on Dr. Nisha Chellam’s Resolving Fatigue Naturally Summit
- Guest interviews on many other podcasts and summits
In July of 2011 Dr. Osansky published the book “Natural Treatment Solutions for Hyperthyroidism and Graves’ Disease”, which is now in its third edition. In February of 2018 Dr. Osansky published the book “Hashimoto’s Triggers“. And in 2021 he launched the Save My Thyroid Podcast, which helps people with hyperthyroidism and Hashimoto’s save their thyroid.
Since 2009 he has helped thousands of people with thyroid and autoimmune thyroid conditions restore their health through his program, books, blog posts, and podcast. As a doctor of chiropractic Dr. Osansky doesn’t diagnose or prescribe medication. His goal is to detect and then address the underlying cause of these conditions, which in many cases will help assist the body in restoring the function of the thyroid gland, optimize the adrenal glands, improve the health of the immune system, and address other affected areas of the body. As a result, many people with these conditions can thrive without medication, as well as avoid receiving surgery or radioactive iodine treatment.
Although Dr. Osansky’s goal is to help people restore their health naturally, he realizes that some people do need conventional medical treatment. As a result, he will not hesitate to refer patients to a different healthcare professional if for any reason they aren’t a good candidate for natural treatment methods.
For those people with a thyroid or autoimmune thyroid condition who are interested in restoring their health back to normal, Dr. Osansky has written a free guide entitled “The 6 Steps on How to Reverse Graves’ Disease and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis Through Natural Methods”. This guide consists of 52 pages of pure content that will show you how to restore your health naturally, and will help you decide whether you might benefit from taking a natural thyroid treatment approach.